5

My hero

Posted by Claudia Moser on 12:36 PM in , ,
I wrote this a while ago but I had to share it again ....

Otta (= German version of grandfather), the father of my mother. The most patient grandfather in the world. I think I drove him nuts with my questions, especially WHY?? We had a routine, on each Sunday morning (to give my mom some space), Otta took me for a ride in town, we went on a bus drive around the city and he showed me old building, told me stories of his youth. He never got tired of answering me questions. And somehow he always managed to answer them. One question I remember pretty well: how is butter made? Why of milk? Where does milk come? and so on and so forth. I miss him a lot. Unfortunately he died 10 years ago but he always will be in my heart. In a way I will never forgive me for not saying good bye. He died while I was on a business trip and I was not there. Miss you Otta! Miss your blue eyes looking towards me!

|

5 Comments

Anonymous says:

Suzanne O'Connell is a hero.

http://youtu.be/082pALFcR08

http://youtu.be/FY4AhYRiCO0

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150984404495898.536775.363409435897&type=3


@Anonymous - each with their own heroes!


it is so hard especially when we feel like we didn't say goodbye


I personally think grandparents are God's gifts to us. I can totally relate with you. I miss my grandfather too.


@Lynn - my life's biggest dissapointment and failure!
@Jeremy - they are our angels!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all!

Motto

"A story is not like a road to follow … it's more like a house. You go inside and stay there for a while, wandering back and forth and settling where you like and discovering how the room and corridors relate to each other, how the world outside is altered by being viewed from these windows. And you, the visitor, the reader, are altered as well by being in this enclosed space, whether it is ample and easy or full of crooked turns, or sparsely or opulently furnished. You can go back again and again, and the house, the story, always contains more than you saw the last time. It also has a sturdy sense of itself of being built out of its own necessity, not just to shelter or beguile you."
by Alice Munro

Copyright © 2009 The story All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.