7

Q - Quinoa

Posted by Claudia Moser on 9:54 AM in , ,
Quite a surprise I am sure, but this grain makes me happy especially combined with fenel, apple, carrot in a salad.


Picture from here

Quinoa is an ancient food from South America. While it looks a bit like rice, it has a richer, heartier flavor and crunchier texture. It tastes like brown rice but I like that it is fluffy and somehow creamy.
Another recipe which I cook quite often is a quinoa risotto with zucchini and smoked salmon, a true delight!
Happy Easter everyone - I hope you will have days full of light!






|

7 Comments


I've heard of quinoa but never tasted it. Happy Easter to you too. Dropping by from AtoZ


I too haven't tasted it yet. May be will try to get it from supermarket.


wow it really expands when cooked


I'd not even heard of this, Claudia, but it looks something similar to couscous.


I love the quinoa they make at Costcos. They add vegetables and spices to it, and it is fabulous.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com


Dearest Claudia;
Oh My!!! I've never heard of this; worth to check(^_^)v

Sending you Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*


I've too heard about Quinoa...quite the healthy grain I've heard!! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all!

Motto

"A story is not like a road to follow … it's more like a house. You go inside and stay there for a while, wandering back and forth and settling where you like and discovering how the room and corridors relate to each other, how the world outside is altered by being viewed from these windows. And you, the visitor, the reader, are altered as well by being in this enclosed space, whether it is ample and easy or full of crooked turns, or sparsely or opulently furnished. You can go back again and again, and the house, the story, always contains more than you saw the last time. It also has a sturdy sense of itself of being built out of its own necessity, not just to shelter or beguile you."
by Alice Munro

Copyright © 2009 The story All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.