11

Monday's special

Posted by Claudia Moser on 7:24 AM in ,
Since trust has been the theme given under the GBE2 posting, I thought it is rather appropiate to use is also for my Monday's special

“To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.”
by George MacDonald

“We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy”
by Walter Anderson

“I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much.”
by Mother Teresa of Calcutta

“Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.”
by Benjamin Spock

“Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.”
by Marie Curie

“Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.”
by Golda Meir

“I've learned to trust myself, to listen to truth, to not be afraid of it and to not try and hide it.”
by Sarah McLachlan

and to end with an Irish proverb
“When mistrust comes in, love goes out.”

|

11 Comments


I really enjoyed these quotes and I especially like the one by Mother Theresa.

The Irish one is good too!



Fiona


great quotes


I attribute the 23 great years of marriage I had with Rich to trust. I knew I could trust him with anything and everything and he knew the same about me. I'm loyal to the end! You can't buy trust.


@Fiona - it is indeed special!
@Baygirl - thank you, long time no see :)
@Barb - and I believe you are right, you made the right choice!


I love the truth in these quotes. I have a confession...I stayed up all night reading as far back as I could go until your postings were no longer in English. Your blog is quite The Story in every sense of the word!

Hugs~


@Sush - you are simply wonderful, thank you! This is the best ever comment I received!


Great quotes on trust to start the week off! Thanks Claudia! :)

<3 kris&kel
www.krisandkel.com


Mother Theresa was awesome!


@Kris & Kel - welcome my dears :)
@Sarah - she indeed was!


These are really great quotes. Trust is such a fragile thing.. xx


@Gawgus - so true!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all!

Motto

"A story is not like a road to follow … it's more like a house. You go inside and stay there for a while, wandering back and forth and settling where you like and discovering how the room and corridors relate to each other, how the world outside is altered by being viewed from these windows. And you, the visitor, the reader, are altered as well by being in this enclosed space, whether it is ample and easy or full of crooked turns, or sparsely or opulently furnished. You can go back again and again, and the house, the story, always contains more than you saw the last time. It also has a sturdy sense of itself of being built out of its own necessity, not just to shelter or beguile you."
by Alice Munro

Copyright © 2009 The story All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.