11

High & Low

Posted by Claudia Moser on 7:30 PM in ,


A very unusual Wednesday for me, and to be honest I do not know how should I better describe it. Most likely as very very sad.

The most pregnant event today was the news that a colleague of mine had a apoplexy, that he went an emergency operation in a foreign city and that I do not know what happened afterwards. I truly hope that all went well and I cannot wait to go to work tomorrow since I might find out some more.

The first sad news of the day was the fact that a valuable team member has resigned, without any prior notice. He is young, dinamic, very intelligent and I had high hopes for him. Now he chose a different path, which I respect but still I am affected.

Luckily the day was brighten in the end by the package which I receive from Amazon, the book which I cannot wait to read, Carol Wyer's debut novel, Mini Skirts and Laughter Lines. More details here. I will keep you posted on my reading progress.



Sorry for the not so good news, but such is life!

|

11 Comments


Sorry to hear about your co-worker. I hope he is going to be ok. Losing a good worker does hurt doesn't it. I remember that well. But there's always someone else willing to learn. I can't wait to read Carol's book either. Hugs.


Sorry to hear about your co-worker. I hope he is going to be ok. Losing a good worker does hurt doesn't it. I remember that well. But there's always someone else willing to learn. I can't wait to read Carol's book either. Hugs.


@Barb - thank you! I hope he will recover! As for my other colleague you are right!


I hope your co-worker will be well. You never know when sickness can come. It is sad to see a good worker leave too. I hope tomorrow is a happier day for you.

Anonymous says:

I'm sorry to hear about your colleague, hope everything is fine with him. Life is full of ups and downs :(

Happy to hear you received the book in the post, I am still waiting for mine to arrive. I cannot wait!

Have a nice evening!


@Belle - I also hope, I truly am very worried for him. And who knows what tomorrow brings right?
@Eva - life is indeed full of ups and downs! As for the book we can exchange opinions :) Have a nice evening as well!


I do hope you're co-worker is okay. The only thing worse than suddenly being taken ill is to be far from home and loved ones when it happens.


@Sarah - yes, you are right, plus he will not be able to move for a while.


Hoping that your colleague will make a good recovery and that you are ok.

You have had a lot on lately with Peter being unwell and now this.....

I am sure that you will enjoy your book.

Wishing you happy days ahead.


x Fiona


@Fiona - thank you, one more working day then holiday ahead so all will be well!


Hi Claudia. Sorry it was such a sad day. I do hope that your colleague gets well again. It must have been a shock when your other colleague just decided to leave like that. When I saw your post on facebook, I thought perhaps it was a year since your other colleague had passed away. As you say, such is life. We gets the happiness and we get the sadness. I hope that you and Peter are both well.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all!

Motto

"A story is not like a road to follow … it's more like a house. You go inside and stay there for a while, wandering back and forth and settling where you like and discovering how the room and corridors relate to each other, how the world outside is altered by being viewed from these windows. And you, the visitor, the reader, are altered as well by being in this enclosed space, whether it is ample and easy or full of crooked turns, or sparsely or opulently furnished. You can go back again and again, and the house, the story, always contains more than you saw the last time. It also has a sturdy sense of itself of being built out of its own necessity, not just to shelter or beguile you."
by Alice Munro

Copyright © 2009 The story All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.