12 Comments
Wow, she sure did lead an interesting and well traveled life. I can't say that I have ever heard of her, until now! Thanks for that and for visiting my blog.
Kathy at Oak Lawn Images
Dearest Claudia,
Oh, she must be a great lady.
Good Luck on your A-Z Challenge, my friend.
Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*
What a fascinating woman and writer. Thanks for enlightening us about her, Claudia. I like your theme of women writers for the challenge. All the best with it!
Wow, you sprung a surprise on us, Claudia. I'd never heard of her, either, but she sounds fascinating. Are any of her books available in English translations? I love your theme and am looking forward to the rest of the alphabet! (For this one I think I would've done A. S. Byatt.)
What an amazing woman. Thanks for a new discovery, Claudia. I am loving these posts xx
"...a sculptor of words, a purveyor of scents." Love this line!
Nice post, Claudia! What a beautiful woman Marthe Bibesco was!
Sounds like an intriguing and mysterious woman... or maybe I'm reading a lot into those quotes and the picture?
I am so happy that you found her interesting, I thought that you might find her unusual and completely new. As far as I know many of her books are translated in English, so I am sure you can enjoy them as well. Her writings are mostly in French, quite fascinating! Thank you all for your lovely comments, they did encourage me a lot!
Motto
by Alice Munro
Followers
About Me
NetWorkedBlogs
Popular Posts
-
My first giveaway, pretty exciting. I will keep it very simple since I believe that anyone will appreciate a gift card to buy some books or ...
-
My choice of creation? Lately I have been inspired by baking, cooking and knitting, very homey activities and my latest project is my pride...
-
Monday, the day before a four days trip to Estonia, a hectic day with so many small and big tasks to be solved prior to my departure. With...
-
This is what my husband saw today while walking in the botanical garden and this is what greats me each morning while brushing my teet...
-
Beth provided us the inspiration for this week's GBE2 entry, giving us 2 hints. The words: GROWING WILD and the following picture: ...
-
This week Beth made it hard for me, her chosen topic in the GBE2 was 'the bakery'. And now think Claudia, what could you write? Reci...
-
Sunday is a special day for me, I always look forward to the GBE2 theme and share it immediately with my husband, he is as curious as me. To...
-
Do you recognise my sin? If I should choose from the seven, I will mostblikely end up with lust and gluttony and bothe are directed towar...
-
When I was a child I tried to keep a diary, I thought that this is cool, it makes you interesting. Somehow I had troubles filling the blank ...
-
Your passion is in you somewhere. Remember it or find it. Then turn your passion into action. Find the road that leads to success with ...




