7

P - Beatrix Potter

Posted by Claudia Moser on 7:00 AM in , ,
And now to my third all time favourite after Mrs Christie and Mrs Munro, Beatrix Potter, the lady who made my smile while reading her children stories. I had the pleasure of visiting the museum in Windermere as well as the area where she lived. Magical!
 
 
Beatrix Potter was a writer, illustrator and conservationist. She is best remembered for her best-selling childrens books, such as, The Tale of Peter Rabbit. Stories that combined her love for both animals and the English countryside. In her later life, she bought a substantial amount of land in the Lake District and on her death donated it to the National Trust, helping to preserve a significant part of the Lake District national park.
By the way did you see the movie? So lovely and delicate, like her stories.
 
And if you want to know more about Peter Rabbit, please go here.
 
Picture from here

|

7 Comments


I absolutely adored and still do Beatrix Potters works! And, yes, I did see the movie! Quite wonderful!
Thanks for this posting, Claudia...it was as delightful as you! Hope China is going wonderful for you and you are up to speed on your sleep and time clock!
Hugs~


Love Peter Rabbit books!

Anonymous says:

I love Beatrix Potter!
~Laura


Now here's an author whose books I absolutely loved reading. My kids and I never tired of reading her works.


Loved her books as a kid.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com


Peter Rabbit is like poetry. I once knew a guy named Peter Rabbit. He had A LOT of siblings.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com


@Sush - the movie was really wonderful
@Talya - me too :)
@Laura- wonder who doesn't?
@Suzy - I fully understand
@Kathy - I still read them now
@Joyce - LOL

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all!

Motto

"A story is not like a road to follow … it's more like a house. You go inside and stay there for a while, wandering back and forth and settling where you like and discovering how the room and corridors relate to each other, how the world outside is altered by being viewed from these windows. And you, the visitor, the reader, are altered as well by being in this enclosed space, whether it is ample and easy or full of crooked turns, or sparsely or opulently furnished. You can go back again and again, and the house, the story, always contains more than you saw the last time. It also has a sturdy sense of itself of being built out of its own necessity, not just to shelter or beguile you."
by Alice Munro

Copyright © 2009 The story All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.