25 Comments
thank you for outlining all the possibilities! glad you are Not Upset :) I think you covered the prompt perfectly.
Would it help to cross-reference in German?
upset as a verb
1. stören
2. durcheinander bringen
3. kippen
4. umkehren (als in zu Niederlage zu führen)
5. fassonschmieden (archäisch) gesenkschmieden
6. Kummer bereiten
7. die Fassung verlieren
8. umkippen
9. wütend machen
upset as an adjective
1. gewendetes Spiel
2. Durcheinander gebrachter Raum
3. verstörte Person
4. umgekippter Karton
5. krumm vor Schermzen
upset as a noun
1. die Wendung
2. die Störung
3. die Störung
4. das Gesenkschmieden
5. die Störung
6. die Störung
I think you did an excellent job covering all bases. I especially loved #8. Made me smile. Hugs.
@Belle - it is,and somehow I could not find any upsetting event to tell a story about!
@Weissdorn - wow! I am impressed but I shouldn't right? :)
@Barb -actually I was thinking after pressing the post button that I might be at trouble, writing it while at work enjoying my first coffee :) but I did need a nice start for the day, it was in the end Monday :)
I'm glad you have no unhappiness to report.
Joyce
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/
Your closing made me laugh. I have had look up the definition of the prompt to give me inspiration,too.
I will be returning to your blog a few times to review the definitions...
by the way. is my cursor supposed to read "double click"
Love how you listed all the possibilities!! I still have to tackle this topic and this is a great reference for ideas. Thank you!Well done!
Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/
LOL!Just asking myself to answer how those definitions would relate to me would totally upset me. I am glad you didn't and maybe u even realized how lucky u r.:D
@Joyce - me too to be honest!
@Jo - yes it was
@Frizzy Hooker - strange, the double click appears as well, must look at the html coding, thanks!
@Danneromero - welcome
@Brenda - :)
@Jenn - yes, the only theme so far which did not fit my mood
@Kathy - I'm happy I could help a bit
@Feathered Pen - I did, I am very grateful for the life I have
@November Rain - thank you!
@Jenn & Casey - not my best, but still managed!
@Paula - none to report!
It reminds me of a poster I saw in college using another word.
Motto
by Alice Munro
Followers
About Me
NetWorkedBlogs
Popular Posts
-
As a big fan of Gretchen Rubin, the insightful author behind "The Happiness Project" and "Better Than Before," I'm a...
-
My choice of creation? Lately I have been inspired by baking, cooking and knitting, very homey activities and my latest project is my pride...
-
My first giveaway, pretty exciting. I will keep it very simple since I believe that anyone will appreciate a gift card to buy some books or ...
-
This week Beth made it hard for me, her chosen topic in the GBE2 was 'the bakery'. And now think Claudia, what could you write? Reci...
-
When I was a child I tried to keep a diary, I thought that this is cool, it makes you interesting. Somehow I had troubles filling the blank ...
-
Monday, the day before a four days trip to Estonia, a hectic day with so many small and big tasks to be solved prior to my departure. With...
-
Do you recognise my sin? If I should choose from the seven, I will mostblikely end up with lust and gluttony and bothe are directed towar...
-
Be present, there is no future in the past! Take the courage to exist in a particular moment, to fully enjoy the second. “Be present...
-
This is what my husband saw today while walking in the botanical garden and this is what greats me each morning while brushing my teet...
-
Yeah! The A-Z Challenge 2012 starts today, so excited! And I did give it some prior thought and I want to share with you my happiness ABC (...
