0

World Cup

Posted by Claudia Moser on 4:27 PM
Yes, I admit it. I like to watch football despite being a woman and despite the myth that only a guy can appreciate a good match. Having said this it is obvious that I am currently dedicated to the World Cup. I even try a bet or two (for personal fun and no money involved) but somehow I expected more, I am missing the spirit of the game. So far I enjoyed the Argentinian game, I am happy for my all time favourites Holland but the rest ... Germany, England, France, Italy even Brazil are playing really strange some of them really bad. But this is not the reason why I am writing this entry, I would not want to bore the Internet world with another football fan comments, I just need to share how the TV / press community from across the world is presenting the same result with different approach.

This morning, Sky News with a big headline - drama on the German side, what a horrid game. The link gives you an insight on how the Germans are seen in UK, with phrases like 'Germany arrived in Port Elizabeth having established themselves among the favourites to win the tournament once again following a crushing 4-0 defeat of Australia in their first game, but with coach Joachim Low insisting he had not been completely satisfied by their performance in Durban.'

On the other side the Germans present the England's performance also with a negative tone, with the following article

World Cup - football, passion, strange events (so many cards!), dedication, laziness, desire ... Will I continue to watch it? You bet :)

|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all!

Motto

"A story is not like a road to follow … it's more like a house. You go inside and stay there for a while, wandering back and forth and settling where you like and discovering how the room and corridors relate to each other, how the world outside is altered by being viewed from these windows. And you, the visitor, the reader, are altered as well by being in this enclosed space, whether it is ample and easy or full of crooked turns, or sparsely or opulently furnished. You can go back again and again, and the house, the story, always contains more than you saw the last time. It also has a sturdy sense of itself of being built out of its own necessity, not just to shelter or beguile you."
by Alice Munro

Copyright © 2009 The story All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.