11 Comments
Yes I just heard. She was a legend and a great actress. Not to mention absolutely beautiful. That is a great picture of her.
So true Barb, she was a great actress. Butterfly 8 was one of my favourites or Cleopatra!
That's a wonderful photo of Dame Elizabeth. She was truly one of the last Hollywood greats, and I was very sorry to hear the news. She led a fantastic life, but she also suffered from terrible health problems, having had over 100 operations. She was a real gutsy lady, and I admired her tremendously.
I just heard the news, as well. She really was a beautiful woman. My mother will be sad to hear this, as she and Elizabeth Taylor were only a couple of months apart in age.
I think she was the first actress to get a million dollars for a role in a movie.
She was remarkable.
It's a pity. But she was old & ill, & had health problems all her life, so maybe it was time.
I like the picture. Very beautiful woman!
@Rick - very true! She was very succesful, and if think about the Lassie role and then compare it with Cleopatra!!
@Kris - indeed gorgeous!
She was a truly unique and gorgious lady and rightly should be remembered as you have her pictured. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and for the sweet birthday wishes. I wanted to follow you but you don't have the friendly "follow" word at the top of your page and when I try to use the other follow above the thumbnail pics I keep getting a "can't find the page" screen. I tried.
Odie
She entertained us and did a lot of good for others while in this world. Irreplaceable.
@Odie - sorry, the followers link is on the right side and I hope it will work soon for you!
@EAJ - so true, so true!
Motto
by Alice Munro
Followers
About Me
NetWorkedBlogs
Popular Posts
-
My first giveaway, pretty exciting. I will keep it very simple since I believe that anyone will appreciate a gift card to buy some books or ...
-
My choice of creation? Lately I have been inspired by baking, cooking and knitting, very homey activities and my latest project is my pride...
-
Monday, the day before a four days trip to Estonia, a hectic day with so many small and big tasks to be solved prior to my departure. With...
-
This is what my husband saw today while walking in the botanical garden and this is what greats me each morning while brushing my teet...
-
Beth provided us the inspiration for this week's GBE2 entry, giving us 2 hints. The words: GROWING WILD and the following picture: ...
-
Sunday is a special day for me, I always look forward to the GBE2 theme and share it immediately with my husband, he is as curious as me. To...
-
This week Beth made it hard for me, her chosen topic in the GBE2 was 'the bakery'. And now think Claudia, what could you write? Reci...
-
Motto “You never answered my question, about what you want to do with your life. Maybe my dreams aren't that complicated. Maybe I think ...
-
Your passion is in you somewhere. Remember it or find it. Then turn your passion into action. Find the road that leads to success with ...
-
Do you recognise my sin? If I should choose from the seven, I will mostblikely end up with lust and gluttony and bothe are directed towar...

