0

Blue eyes

Posted by Claudia Moser on 1:50 PM


There are days when incredible things happen to you and since I have no intention in forgetting the 14th of August 2008 I thought of recording the events here.


A typical working day, returning home a bit earlier to get a well deserved pedicure, thus in the bus to the center of Bad Homburg around 4.30 pm. In the bus a mother with her little daughter. Since I am a big children fan, I smile so the little girl looks curiously and says 'Hallo'. So what am I doing? Say 'Hallo' back. She goes on saying the word for a couple of times, guess she likes the sound and then suddelnly she babbles something. The mother translates: 'Ich bin Cecilia' meaning I am Cecilia. I smile and say 'Ich bin Claudia' (basic German so you can figure it out!). Suddenly she wants to go out from her cart, she struggles and off she goes towards me, hugs my hand and starts blowing kisses in the air and then kisses my hand. The mother is shocked, excuses herself by telling me that her daughter never behaved like that before. After a couple of smoochies, she goes back and looks very intensively towards me. What blue eyes! Tried to find a pic on the net similar to those eyes, but it's just a pale one compared to the orginal.
In the end we reach the center where she goes off as well but not before saying BYE BYE, yes, in English.
I can't describe very well my feelings, it was so strange and intense. It's like I met a friend from a different time. Who knows who Cecilia was before?
Blue eyes ...

|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all!

Motto

"A story is not like a road to follow … it's more like a house. You go inside and stay there for a while, wandering back and forth and settling where you like and discovering how the room and corridors relate to each other, how the world outside is altered by being viewed from these windows. And you, the visitor, the reader, are altered as well by being in this enclosed space, whether it is ample and easy or full of crooked turns, or sparsely or opulently furnished. You can go back again and again, and the house, the story, always contains more than you saw the last time. It also has a sturdy sense of itself of being built out of its own necessity, not just to shelter or beguile you."
by Alice Munro

Copyright © 2009 The story All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.