10

Monday's special

Posted by Claudia Moser on 7:28 AM in ,
“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.”
Abraham Lincoln

“Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution”
Kahlil Gibran

“How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them”
Benjamin Franklin

“We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done.”
Theodore Roosevelt

“We have come out of the time when obedience, the acceptance of discipline, intelligent courage and resolution were most important, into that more difficult time when it is a person's duty to understand the world rather than simply fight for it”
Ernest Hemingway

|

10 Comments


Great quotes to inspire me yet again X


These are lovely. I think the second one is my favourite today :-)


Interesting to think that none of these quotes are younger than fifty years old and they still apply to us. :-)


Very deep thoughts today...I hope I don't get a headache pondering all their ramifications, lol!
Loves to you dear one and to yours...


@Luan - I do my best :)
@sarah - it is a good one indeed!
@Misha - I did not even think of that, you are right!
@Sush - I hope so too :) love back my dear!


Love these quotes. I think I like Gibran's the best.


@Belle - it seems to be the favourite today :)


You always find such inspiring quotes! Great for a Monday :)


Hi Claudia. Great quotes for us again today. My favourite is the second one.


@Emma & Diane - thank you, very kind of you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all!

Motto

"A story is not like a road to follow … it's more like a house. You go inside and stay there for a while, wandering back and forth and settling where you like and discovering how the room and corridors relate to each other, how the world outside is altered by being viewed from these windows. And you, the visitor, the reader, are altered as well by being in this enclosed space, whether it is ample and easy or full of crooked turns, or sparsely or opulently furnished. You can go back again and again, and the house, the story, always contains more than you saw the last time. It also has a sturdy sense of itself of being built out of its own necessity, not just to shelter or beguile you."
by Alice Munro

Copyright © 2009 The story All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.