19 Comments
If only my daughters could learn this one, Tomboys both, and with the blonde hair, blue eyes.
@Fireman - each has her own development, you will see changes will happen with time!
What a lovely story! My memories of a playground are of my little sister running in front of my swing and cutting her chin open. First time I'd ever been responsible for her as well I think!
@Emma - first of all thank you so much for your email. Secondly as children we learn fast how do deal with responsibilities, when facing situations as described by you!
I was so the complete opposite to you growing up, what a gorgeous memory.
I loved this flashback from your early childhood! I really could picture the whole thing.
@Barb - my grandpa was simply amazing, I miss him every day!
@Luan - well with time I did change :) just a bit!
@Desiree - glad you could ;)
I love this. Grandpas who take time to play with their granddaughters just make me smile.
I can see your consternation and I'll bet your grandfather was amused. Hey, whats wrong with pink?
Great lesson found at the playground. This was awesome!
Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/
@Gene Pool Diva - my grandfather was a gentleman, I be he laughed within :) pink? Not my favorite colour! :)
@Kathy - thank you!
I always had a pair of shorts under my dress, and would throw my shoes off at the slightest possibility of fun that might get me in trouble if they were on. I loved dresses, but I was still very much a tomboyish girl :-)
Fun memory Claudia.
@November - with time I also learned to be prepared for everything, but that took some practising :)
@Danneromero - it was fun!
I liked your playground post--you are right--you have to dress for the occasion. :D Cheers, Jenn
Wow, such sense in one so young! I've never cared about clothes (as many a despairing friend of mine will attest), but I remember not having your nous at a similar age. Dressed in the snowiest of white dresses, I insisted on pushing my buggy through the park. I tripped, caught my finger in the buggy as it tried to collapse flat and bled copiously over said white dress... which never came clean... and I've still got the scar on my finger to remind me that white and small children are a no-no *grin*
@Gil - you are funny my dear! Well yes, I have a lot of common sense, I guess I was a tiny grown up then already :)
Motto
by Alice Munro
Followers
About Me
NetWorkedBlogs
Popular Posts
-
As a big fan of Gretchen Rubin, the insightful author behind "The Happiness Project" and "Better Than Before," I'm a...
-
My choice of creation? Lately I have been inspired by baking, cooking and knitting, very homey activities and my latest project is my pride...
-
My first giveaway, pretty exciting. I will keep it very simple since I believe that anyone will appreciate a gift card to buy some books or ...
-
This week Beth made it hard for me, her chosen topic in the GBE2 was 'the bakery'. And now think Claudia, what could you write? Reci...
-
When I was a child I tried to keep a diary, I thought that this is cool, it makes you interesting. Somehow I had troubles filling the blank ...
-
Monday, the day before a four days trip to Estonia, a hectic day with so many small and big tasks to be solved prior to my departure. With...
-
Do you recognise my sin? If I should choose from the seven, I will mostblikely end up with lust and gluttony and bothe are directed towar...
-
Be present, there is no future in the past! Take the courage to exist in a particular moment, to fully enjoy the second. “Be present...
-
This is what my husband saw today while walking in the botanical garden and this is what greats me each morning while brushing my teet...
-
Yeah! The A-Z Challenge 2012 starts today, so excited! And I did give it some prior thought and I want to share with you my happiness ABC (...
