0

Another weekend

Posted by Claudia Moser on 10:12 AM
Being away from my home, Timisoara was indeed my home for around 30 years, my attempt to keep in touch is done strangely enough on a regular basis each Sunday. I try to write to all of my friends, to share my thoughts and my achievements (if any) and to reply to any of the new things happening in their lives. For the last 8 months, the weekend is splitted in many sides:

Friday avening - aknowledgement of the fact that I will have 2 free days, thus watching 4 episodes of The Nanny on TV
Saturday - home chores: clean clean clean from kitchen to bathroom, rooms, floors, everything, then washing, cooking, shopping for food with Peter, a bit of personal shopping in my favourites places in Bad Homburg, then a bit of reading in the afternoon. If we have plans with friends we do go out, or we just take a long walk in the evening to enjoy the good weather (if lucky!). Lately a new item is added to the list, I have started with advanced German lessons, one to one teaching with a wonderful lady called Elke. She tries to improve my presentation skills in German, she gives hints on how I can sound more elevated in speech. Plus my company pays for it so am I not lucky?
Sunday - my day, when I do whatever I want. I simply select the option in the morning (hopefully waking up after the usual 6am) and discuss it with Peter. Usually it consists of reading, cinema, walking, a must coffee and cake at Koffler (our favourite coffee shop in the city). So today is just nice and quiet. Reading blog entries, writing a bit, enjoying a nice book (a mystery of course) and hoping for sun!
Keep on smiling ...

|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all!

Motto

"A story is not like a road to follow … it's more like a house. You go inside and stay there for a while, wandering back and forth and settling where you like and discovering how the room and corridors relate to each other, how the world outside is altered by being viewed from these windows. And you, the visitor, the reader, are altered as well by being in this enclosed space, whether it is ample and easy or full of crooked turns, or sparsely or opulently furnished. You can go back again and again, and the house, the story, always contains more than you saw the last time. It also has a sturdy sense of itself of being built out of its own necessity, not just to shelter or beguile you."
by Alice Munro

Copyright © 2009 The story All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.