14

High & Low

Posted by Claudia Moser on 7:38 PM in ,


Another Wednesday with a mix of highs and lows. Some random thoughts below:
- I am home, but alone, Peter still in the hospital
- Peter is better, but still not 100% recovered but so grateful that progress is visible and felt by him
- Another hectic day behind me, work was rather stressy, just found out that I might postpone my holiday (again!) and not to be able to spend my birthday with the extended family and old friends. Fast other thoughts!
- I made a lovely small dinner, some nice capelleti filled with mushrooms

Beth from Word Nerd Speaks is doing what is called the Wednesday Hodgepodge and I thought I'd give it a try. Let me know what you think about it!



1. What is one piece of advice you would give a 'just turning' 21- year old adult?
Just enjoy the present, you have a wonderful age! Don't bother too much about the thirties or forties!

2. Besides cooler weather (or warmer weather, depending on your hemisphere) what is one thing you are looking forward to this fall?

Just being able to enjoy a nice cup of tea with a great book! And lovely walks in the forest while the colours are changing!

3. What sound lulls you to sleep?

Silence :)

4. September is National Preparedness Month...does your family have an emergency 'kit' and/or disaster plan in place?

I was not aware of this, but hey! I don't live in USA! And no :=)

5. How has your blog changed since you started blogging? Or has it?

I actually described this in the first post under the GBE2 experience. My conclusion from then is still valid.

My expectations at the beginning of blogging activity? I just wanted to help a friend, then somehow my interest faded but in the meantime I am so in to it. I don’t expect to influence anyone’s life, I just want to enjoy writing, I am grateful for each comment that I get, knowing that someone out there is reading my words.

6. What's something you've recently learned to do on the computer?

Hm ... not much really! Does that sound conceited? I hope not!

7. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.

This reminds me of a cool cartoon.



8. Insert your own random thought here.

Need a coffee :)

Enjoy your Wednesday!

|

14 Comments


It is good to hear Peter is still recovering. I liked the questions and the answers you gave. The cartoon is so cute. I do believe that many times a picture tells more than words.


@Belle - yes, the cartoon is pretty cool :) And thank you for your kind words!


Good news about Peter. Claudia, you often influence my day. Sometimes a word or quote from you will make me slow down and appreciate what is around me a bit more.

I recently called you a 'child of the light' on my blog. It fits you perfectly :-)


@Sarah - your comment touched me really, I even called Peter and read it to him. Thank you, you really cheered me up!


What a lovely comment about you from Sarah. Little things like that makes everything seem worthwhile, doesn't it?! So pleased to hear that Peter is slowly getting better. You'll be so glad to have him home again! I loved reading your thoughts today, and you gave some good answers.


So sorry to hear that Peter is still in the hospital. I am saying a prayer that he continues to heal and will be released soon! ((HUGS)) -- I love your post! I think I may "borrow" that idea for the questions! :)


Im glad Peter is getting better he will be home before you kknow it. Dont let your self get sick from worrying and stressing. I really liked the hodgepodge.


@Diane - yes, Sarah's comment brightened my day! Thank you for yours :)
@Becky - I just saw your entry, very nice!
@Luan - I am doing pretty OK under the circumstances, thank you for your care!


Glad to hear he is doing better. How scary and stressful.


@Michelle - yes, it is rather stressful!


Hehehe I enjoyed the cartoon. I hope Peter feels lots better soon. :-)


@Misha - yes, the cartoon is hilarious! Peter is better, but only on Monday home!


Am just catching up now Claudia after being missing all week.
Sometimes it is hard to keep on track of "real" life and blogging too.

I am so glad to read that Peter is making progress and feeling a little better. I hope that very soon he will feel great!


Fiona


@Fiona - so true, life is worth it :) Thank you for your kind words! I am so grateful for all of your support!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all!

Motto

"A story is not like a road to follow … it's more like a house. You go inside and stay there for a while, wandering back and forth and settling where you like and discovering how the room and corridors relate to each other, how the world outside is altered by being viewed from these windows. And you, the visitor, the reader, are altered as well by being in this enclosed space, whether it is ample and easy or full of crooked turns, or sparsely or opulently furnished. You can go back again and again, and the house, the story, always contains more than you saw the last time. It also has a sturdy sense of itself of being built out of its own necessity, not just to shelter or beguile you."
by Alice Munro

Copyright © 2009 The story All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.